Friday, July 19, 2013

Incredibly Easy MONKEY BREAD!





My mom had some leftover cheap canned biscuits that she bought at the local Food Depot a few weeks ago and she asked me if I knew what to do with them. I thought it would be fun to make some monkey bread. We looked online for recipes and put them all together and created our own very simple "eyeball" recipe that can be made almost completely by kids. I doubled the recipe and let my two youngest boys have thier hands in the kitchen and they did an excellent job!

Ingrediants:
4 cans of cheap canned biscuits
1 stick of margerine
about 3/4 cup white sugar
about 1/4 cup brown sugar
about 1 tbsp cinnamon
cooking spray
2 gallon zipper bags (1 per child)
bundt pan
butter knife
something to melt and mix the butter in
cutting board or clean surface to cut on

first open one can of biscuits and spread them out. Do not open all of the cans at once because the biscuits like to spread when the air hits them!


using the butter knife, cut each biscuit into four pieces.


place the pieces in your zipper bag for shaking later.

between each can of biscuits, we added a few shakes of cinnamon and a little sugar.

after adding the cinnamon and sugar, do the cinamon and sugar dance to mix it all together!

place the stick of butter in a microwave safe container and microwave it for 20-30 seconds. Take it out and stir in about 1/4 cup of brown sugar.

place all the biscuit pieces in the pan and then pour the butter mixture over the top. Place in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.

yummy golden delicious MONKEY BREAD!



You can also add other things to your monkey bread like nuts or fruit or anything that you'd like. My oldest son wants some with cinabon icing on it! I saw a recipe for it on Pinterest I want to test out!


Was this easy enough for you? Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...